The dining area can be one of the most important areas in the home, whether it’s a simple offshoot of the kitchen used for everyday meals or a large dining room regularly used to host friends and family get-togethers. Regardless of its use, the centerpiece of this area is the dining set.
It should come as no surprise that choosing the right dining set can be an extremely important decision regarding the look and function of the dining area. Here are 5 tips for choosing the best dining set for your home based on both the functionality of the set as well as whatever budget you are willing to commit to that set.
- Consider the size of the room in which you plan to feature the dining set as having a massive table and a full set of chairs in a tiny room can be cumbersome and claustrophobic. It is also important to note that larger tables tend to cost more. There are also optional leaves available for many tables which can be beneficial if you are concerned about space.
- How many people are going to be seated at this dining table? How many people is it intended for? Both questions are additional factors in choosing the size of your dining table and how many chairs will be required to have the entire dining set you desire. Most of our chairs are sold separately and can be easily added or removed from orders depending on your needs.
- Choose your materials wisely. As with all solid wood furniture, wood choice matters from both an aesthetic and upkeep perspective. For example, if low maintenance is a requirement you may consider choosing a different wood and using a table covering rather than choosing a different wood that you intend to display and keep healthy.
- Ponder the function of your dining set before making your choices. A dining set intended for use by retirees has different requirements than a primary family dining set which will be regularly assaulted by children of all ages during its lifetime. As mentioned above, if a full table covering is going to be used, you may be better off choosing a less costly wood due to the increased possibility of damage and the fact that it will be regularly covered.
- Mix and Match. As many of the furniture available from Prestige Solid Wood can be custom made to order why not choose the exact table and chair combination you desire. Many of our pieces can be made in a selected wood or finish and thus you can mix and match different chairs and tables at your leisure.
Hopefully these five tips will help you to make the right selection for your dining set. Feel free to contact us here at Prestige Solid Wood for any further assistance in choosing the right dining set for your needs.
Based in Coquitlam, BC, off of United Boulevard, Prestige Solid Wood Furniture specializes in high-quality, Canadian-made, solid wood furniture with customization options. Prestige has a beautiful 10,000 square foot showroom where you can experience excellent customer service to go along with their massive inventory.
If you have any questions about this article or would like to talk us about solid wood furniture please feel free to call us at (604) 522-7344 or stop by the showroom.